Structure of the Question Paper of Physics
according to Syllabus of MDCAT 2019
|Marks per correct question||01|
|Marks per wrong question||00|
Table of Contents
2. Motion and Force
3. Work, Energy and Power
4. Circular Motion
8. Heat & Thermodynamics
10. Current Electricity
12. Electromagnetic Induction
13. Deformation of Solids
15. Modern Physics
16. Nuclear Physics
Topics of Physics included in ERA OTS
according to Syllabus of MDCAT 2019
- ERA UNIT: 01 MEASUREMENTS
· Physical quantities, numerical magnitude and a proper unit.
· International System of Units, SI base units of physical quantities, and their derived
· Prefixes and symbols to indicate decimal, submultiples or multiples of both base and
· Errors and uncertainties
® Systematic error and random error.
® Fractional uncertainty and percentage uncertainty.
® Assessment of total uncertainty in the final results (Understanding of total assessment
about addition and subtraction, multiplication and division & power factor).
- ERA UNIT: 02 MOTION AND FORCE
· Displacement, Distance, Speed, Velocity and Acceleration.
· Velocity – Time Graph.
· Equations of motion.
· Newton’s Laws of Motion.
· Momentum and law of conservation of momentum.
· Force and rate of change of momentum.
· Impulse and I = F ´ t = mvf – mvi
· Elastic and in-elastic collisions
· Projectile Motion and its applications.
· Moment of force or torque and use of torque
- ERA UNIT: 03 WORK, ENERGY AND POWER | CIRCULAR MOTION
· Work in terms of the product of a force and displacement in the direction of the force.
· Kinetic energy K.E = ½ mv2
· Potential energy P.E = mgh
· Inter-conversion of kinetic energy and potential energy in gravitational field.
· Power in terms of work done per unit time and use power as product of force and velocity
· Angular motion, angular displacement & angular velocity
· Centripetal Force and centripetal acceleration
· Geostationary orbits.
- ERA UNIT: 04 OSCILLATIONS | WAVES
· Simple harmonic motion
· Amplitude, Frequency, Angular Frequency, Phase Difference. Express the time period in
terms of both frequency and angular frequency.
· SHM and uniform Circular Motion
· Motion of simple pendulum and relation.
· Kinetic energy and potential energy during Simple harmonic motion.
· Free, Forced and Damped Oscillations
· Progressive waves
· Transverse and longitudinal waves.
· Principle of superposition.
· Stationary waves and wavelength of sound waves in air columns and stretched strings
· Doppler’s Effect
· Electromagnetic Spectrum.
- ERA UNIT: 05 LIGHT | HEAT AND THERMODYNAMICS
· Basic postulates of kinetic theory of gases
· Pressure exerted by a gas
· Equation of state for an ideal gas as PV = nRT
· Prove that K.E µT for a single molecule.
· Internal Energy.
· Specific Heat capacity.
- ERA UNIT: 06 ELECTROSTATICS
· Coulomb’s Law
· Electric field strength
· Electric field lines.
· Calculate the field strength.
· Gravitational force and electric force.
· Electric potential
· Capacitance of a capacitor
· Energy stored in capacitor
- ERA UNIT: 07 CURRENT ELECTRICITY
· Ohm’s Law
· Series and parallel Combination of resistors
· Resistance and resistivity
· Potential difference and e.m.f
· Power dissipation in resistors.
· Kirchhoff’s First Law as conservation of charge.
· Kirchhoff’s Second Law as conservation of energy.
- ERA UNIT: 08 ELECTROMAGNETISM | EM-INDUCTION | A.C
· Magnetic field
· Force on current carrying conductor in uniform magnetic field
· Force on a moving charge in magnetic field
· Motion of charge particle in uniform electric and magnetic field.
· e/m for an electron.
· Magnetic flux
· Faraday’s Law and Lenz’s Law.
· Induced e.m.f and factors
· Alternating current and use V = Vo sinwt.
- ERA UNIT: 09 DEFORMATION OF SOLIDS | ELECTRONICS
· Stress, strain and Young’s Modulus.
· Tensile stress and strain.
· Hook’s Law.
· Elastic and plastic deformation of a material.
· Strain energy.
· Band Theory, valence band, conduction band and forbidden band.
· Half and Full wave rectification
· Single diode for half wave rectification of an alternating current
· Four diodes for full wave rectification of an alternating current
· Operational amplifier and its characteristics
- ERA UNIT: 10 MODERN PHYSICS | NUCLEAR PHYSICS
· Energy of photon E = hf
· Photoelectric Effect, Threshold Frequency and Work Function Energy.
· Maximum photoelectric energy is independent of intensity whereas photoelectric
current is proportional to intensity
· Einstein’s Photoelectric equation
· de Broglie wavelength
· Discrete energy levels of hydrogen atom and spectral lines.
· Relation hf = (E2-E1)
· Production of X-rays and features of X-rays tube.
· Nucleus, nucleon number and charge number.
· Radioactivity and emission of radiation.
· Activity, Decay constant and relation Activity = Nl.
· Half-life of radioactive substance
· Nuclear transmutation and conservation of mass, energy, momentum and charge
during nuclear changes.
· Mass-defect, binding energy and relation E = mc2
· Nuclear fission and fusion.
· Hadrons, Leptons and Quarks.